It is important to know and understand the Florida heat before you take an adventure to Disney World during the summer months. There is hot, then there is summer months 90+ degrees and 100% humidity hot. This is when you cannot even escape the heat when the sun goes down. While many may think that the heat cannot stop them at Disney, it is good to be educated and also have a few essentials on hand when you arrive.
Maximize Park Time
- One way to do this is to stay on Disney property. When you stay on property you are able to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, allowing you one extra hour in the morning to enjoy the park before the general public. This is always important but even more important during the summer, the early mornings can be fairly pleasant in Orlando allowing you to get a lot done before the park opens to the general public.
- Arrive as early to the park as you can. You can do more between the hours of 8am and 11am then you can all day at Disney parks. The crowds are low, the heat is lower, and you are refreshed from your sleep!
- Dine for lunch at 11am as the general public seems to stroll in around 10am. This allows you to take a creak from the heat and get to lunch before there is a line. *Don’t forget to ask for a large ice water with your lunch..it is FREE!
- While Florida heat is still on when the sun goes down, the blazing sun is gone. Even though it is still humid, getting around minus the sun is a lot more comfortable. Enjoy the parks at night! They will be a bit crowded but go in with a plan. Contact your favorite Guru Travel Professional for planning advice.
Water, water and MORE water!
- Hit the parks early 8 am to 11 am…eat lunch and head back to your Disney resort for a break. No, not a nap, some fun in the pool! Kids want to swim and the adults can use the mental break from the grind in the parks. At the end of the day you will be glad you took some time to dip your feet in the pool. Then head back to the parks around 4 for dinner and some spectacular night show fun!
- Did you know that any vendor/quick service dining location that has a fountain will give you ice water for FREE? This is true. My family and I bring our resort refillable mugs, and pour in the ice water to keep us hydrated all day long. Staying hydrated is extremely important, especially during the summer months.
- Bring a water misting fan to the parks. You can purchase these virtually anywhere; the dollar store, Target, Walmart, Meijer. If you wait until you are at Disney World, expect to pay $20 per fan vs the $1-$5 at the store. You will not be sorry you purchased these.
- There are fountains, sprayers, and cooling stations throughout the parks. Take a few minutes to walk through and cool off. There are fountains at Epcot and at Downtown Disney..you may want to have swimwear for little ones as they will get wet as opposed to misty at these locations.
- Take a day to visit at Disney Water Park. There is no better way to stay cool then to enjoy the day splashing away in a Disney Water Park. Contact your favorite planning Guru to add Water Park tickets to your package.
- Maybe your don’t usually wear a hat..now might be the time. Keeping the heat off of your head can also keep heatstroke at bay. Walmart has a lot of great options that wont break the bank.
- If you begin to feel sick, be sure to head on over to the First Aid Station. Every park has one. You will be able to rest and cool before things get too bad.
- Be very flexible during the summer months. Be ready to take a few breaks and enjoy your resort and relax.
Ready to plan your Walt Disney World vacation? Call us today at 877-825-6146 or email us at email@example.com.
Tags: Summer Heat