This month we are going to focus on the night shows at each park. I am really excited to begin with what I think is the best and most touching fireworks celebration that I have ever experienced……Wishes.
Wishes can be viewed at Magic Kingdom just in front of Cinderella Castle. This nighttime spectacular is truly a work of art. From the dazzling paint in the sky to the stunning musical score it is sure to bring a tear to your eyes. Narrated by Jiminy Cricket himself, this 12 minute long show takes you through the journey of believing in yourself. The message is beautiful! The story starts off with a wish and Tinkerbell as she steps off of Cinderella Castle and glides through the air. (This is a must see for all Disney newbies)
Characters such as Pinocchio, Cinderella, Ariel, Peter Pan and other beloved Disney Characters make an audio appearance through a fantastic tale told amongst the stars. In the end Jiminy shares that if you believe in yourself, all of your wishes will come true. Now if this is not the main focus of what Walt stood behind his entire life….I don’t know what is. This story truly opens the door for some great conversation between you and your children…what are your dreams and what are their dreams?
- If you are looking for Tinkerbell, she makes her appearance just after Jiminy says, ” and it all starts with a wish.”
- The fireworks launch for 11 different locations.
- Sometimes Tinkerbell is played by a male. The role requires a person that is not over 105 lbs and no more than 5 ft 3 in.
- Watch the castle throughout the show as it sparkles and changes color throughout the show.
- The best place to see the show is right in front of the castle. It will not fill up there until the start of the show.
- The very best place to watch the show is up on Main Street train station porch area. You are high up and have a gorgeous view of the show.
- If you are feeling very adventurous, read my article about Free things to do at WDW…there you will see some alternatives to watching Wishes at Magic Kingdom.